Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Flat Contour Brushes 101

Do you guys ever see this meme? 

LOL this is super funny :))))


But yeah... i do have love-hate relationshit (oopsy) with contouring. I want my face look smaller, more defined and high cheekbones.

However, this day some brand start launch 'brush' that will change your life... well I mean in this case contouring your face ;)








NARS Kabuki Ita Brush


This is my first flat contour brush. I superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr LOVE it!! It takes it to a whole new level! It's sleek, unique, and very purse friendly! 



At first I was a bit disappointed with how the hair looked kinda frizzy and unruly but it turns out that does NOT interfere with it's performance. 




This is so great for flawless application and it deposits the perfect amount of product... even with my super pigmented bronze. This brush makes contouring become easier, due to its flat shape and thin style its virtually mistake proof and you will always get an even line. It's super easy to buff it out and away simply by wiggling it in an up and down motion. I love the thin body of this brush which for whatever reason makes application easier as well.



Real Techniques Bold Metals 301 Flat Contour Brush 



This brush is so beautiful... It's sleek and attractive. I love the rose gold color. Just so beautiful... The brush is nicely weighted, but for me it's too long. I find myself frequently hitting my mirror with the handle. 


I absolutely love the softness and ease of the brush...



The bristles are moderately stiff, which you need to put the shading exactly where you want it, yet not too stiff to blend it in well. I use this brush specifically for contour and I love it! It get right in the hollows of your cheeks and blends on the forehead well... The only thing I don't use it for it my nose because it's to big and it'll last ok like you have a ton of dirt on your nose.




Morphe G30 Flat Contour in Gunmetal



Well, great quality brush! Nothing wrong with the this brush. It's pretty elegant actually.


The bristles are soft and great. 


However, this is a really dense brush. I don't know it is just me or what but I feel like it doesn't blend the product well, because the bristles are so short and dense. Well I try to blend and blend but I wish the brush was more fluffy, so blending would be easier. I think this brush would be perfect for cream or liquid bronze.




E.L.F Studio Flat Contour Brush




Well typical drugstore brush. Nothing special with this brush except the price. But yeah, I was excited to try this brush until i try it and..

..it is so blehhhhhh!!!

Honestly, the bristles are pretty soft...


This is a really really really dense brush. It does not blend at all. Well i don't know what would happen if i use with cream or liquid bronze but arghh it so depressing.




So here some comparison for you

use Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Overall my NARS Kabuki Ita Brush win my heart. It's really expensive but worth every penny...

Well do you guys ever try these brushes? 

Let me know on comment below.


See you on my next post 
Bhay!





9 comments:

  1. Gosh, you have everything I want for contour kit! >.<

    Baru tau Morphe pny brush metal gt, berapa harganya kl blh tau?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL i forgot how much exactly the price, about 200k-250k.

      you can check from @preorderbymimo, i got from them <3

      Delete
  2. Gosh, you have everything I want for contour kit! >.<

    Baru tau Morphe pny brush metal gt, berapa harganya kl blh tau?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered that elf have that kind of brush, too bad that it doesn't blend out well. Drooling over the RT one!

    Visit VALENCIALALA.blogspot.com // BLOGLOVIN


    NEW POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeahh is so depressing, i expect more from ELF lol

      RT is so beautiful, i bought it like 4 months ago and i really love it until i dont want to touch it...

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh, I need to buy some new brushes.
    Great review.
    www.MarinaSays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you need one of them lol. i recommend nars actually but if you have tight budget, RT is fine 😉😉

      thankyou

      Delete
  5. Nars Ita Brush definetly one of my wish list brush :)

    nurulwahdini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah you have to ahahahaha like i said worth every penny

      Delete